Monday, January 31, 2011

Childhood McDonald's


My friend and I were talking tonight about the "games" we used to play in high school. Neither of us were very social (she wasn't allowed out of the house and I didn't like the people in my high school. So, we would talk on the phone every night for hours, and when you spend that much time talking to someone, you develop really weird topics to talk about. The most shameful game you can ever play was our favorite, it was called "Going to McDonald's".  Basically how you "play" is you pick a amount of money and decide how to get as much food as possible with said amount of money. The dollar-menu made this game especially appealing, ( especially Apple pies are 2 for $1). Sometimes we would even throw a few curve balls into the game like (as you walk in to McDonalds you found a ten-dollar-bill!) to which we would both scream with excitement. Looking back now it was now wonder I was so fat, one of my favorite games was talking imaginary trips to McDonald's.

Another milestone in my fatter years was when McDonald's came up with the "Mighty Kid's Meal", basically it was a Happy-Meal with more food, plus you still got the amazing gotta' have it toy. I remember when I was in elementary school everyone had the "teenie" beanie babies. My mom took me to McDonalds just about every other day to get the coveted plushies. Because of that my adolescent self became super popular and even get to join the beanie baby club at recess. It's funny, even now I sometimes will get a happy meal, it's such a quick and perfect sized meal, also a perk that I still get a toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment