Monday, March 28, 2011

Guilty Pleasures

We all have "guilty pleasures". It's that thing that you really love, but may be taboo or considered weird. I have many guilty pleasures (Barbie, anime, the Disney-channel) but one of my biggest guilty pleasures is POKEMON! I just cant get enough of the little monsters.


Like every kid that grew up in the 90' I have a ton of Pokemon stuff. I collected all of the Pokemon "beanie-babies", binders full with all of the trading cards and of course, all of the game-boy games. I went home for a week on spring break. There I was reunited with some of my childhood treasures. By looking at my collections of these Japanese creatures I realized how spoiled I was as a child.
Pokemon are my guilty pleasure because most people deem it immature for a 20 year-old man buying childrens' toys. I cant help but go ga-ga over these creatures from the past. Now that i am an adult it is much better because when I see that there is a new Pokemon doll out, I can buy them all at once, unlike when you were a child and your parents would only get you one. It is a bit reassuriung that my best friend has the same love for pocket monsters. I am able to go with him to the toy store and buy some Pokemon cards and open up them up in the car and brag if you got the better card. 
I recently realized how much of a hermit I was the other day because I hadn't left my house for two days because I received the new Pokemon Black game for as a birthday present.
I think that I will continue to buy and collect these little creatures. They make me happy and they help me reconnect with my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment